Here is a link to my website, where people around the US can shop online: us.nyrorganic.com/shop/SueApito
You are invited to LIKE my Facebook Business Page where I post helpful tips, sales, specials and new product launches: facebook.com/NYROSueApito
There are many reasons I sell and highly recommend this brand. I have been interested in aromatherapy and natural, organic, green skincare for over 20 years. In 2013, I started researching practical applications for aromatherapy for “scent staging” homes for sale (I am a Real Estate Agent by profession). I contacted aromatherapists, authors, educators & fellow enthusiasts and asked their opinions on essential oil brands and suppliers. NYR Organic stood out for me for a number of reasons:
- I like that they are a Certified Organic company (Soil Association);
- I like that their ethics and political activities mirror my own (Save the Bees, Label GMOs, etc.);
- I like that the company is a member of a Professional aromatherapy trade association (Aromatherapy Trade Council);
- I like the fact that the company provides appropriate safety information and product education to their customers and Independent Consultants;
- I like the fact that the parent company, Neal’s Yard Remedies has been running courses for over 30 years in all areas of Natural Health, Beauty and Wellbeing, and professional aromatherapy course is accredited by the International Federation of Professional Aromatherapists (IFPA);
- And last but not least, I like the products themselves.
Like every consumer product, no one brand fits all needs. Here are some Shopping Tips for things to consider when choosing an essential oil or aromatherapy product purchase:
Look for companies that do not claim their essential oils are “Therapeutic Grade” or “Clinical Grade” or “Pharma Grade” or “Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade” essential oils. There is no such thing as Therapeutic Grade  or any of these other imaginary Grades. These are marketing claims designed to mislead consumers. All brands of essential oils potentially may be therapeutic when used safely and for the appropriate purpose.
To learn more: Aromatherapy United MYTH – Therapeutic Grade
Three other issues to be aware of when shopping for essential oils or aromatherapy products:
- is the company is promoting the unsafe use of essential oils either undiluted (neat) or internally?
- is the company making illegal medical claims for their essential oils or dietary supplements?
- does the company market their products as Organic without the required 3rd Party Certification?